As a foodie, I am constantly trying to lose weight and finally saw the need to get a personal trainer. I was working with this personal trainer because I wanted to prove to myself that I can once again fit into my old clothes but over time, I have learnt that fitness is not about fitting into the old clothes you so adore, though there is a great feeling it gives you but fitness is about your total well being which is priceless.
My personal trainer sent this broadcast and according to him, if you want to maintain your weight, 2000 calories is good enough for you but if you want to get to where I want to get to, loll! That is back to where I was before I had a baby in a short time, then you need 1200 calories daily.
So guys get calculating what you should have a day.
- Egusi soup with few chunks of stockfish and 2 pieces of meat – roughly 700 calories per serving. Imagine eating with 3 wraps of pounded yam (600 calories)
- OKRA SOUP without oil or fish 105 calories per serving
- EWEDU SOUP without meat contains 97 calories
- An average snail that weighs about 100g contains 90 calories
- Moi-moi: I don’t know what you add to yours, but with the basic ingredients, a serving will be close to 256 calories.
- 1 slice of fried plantain contains 68 calories.
- Boiled or roasted corn. Between 7-9 inches contains 123 calories. In a small corn about 5.5 – 6 inches, 63 calories.
- Wheat Flour –1 cup of wheat contains 455 calories.
- Pap, akamu or ogi – 1 tablespoon of raw pap contains 91 calories.
- Irish potato
128 calories in a small to medium one
161 calories in a medium-sized one
278 calories in medium-large one
Depending on the size; super-pack is 640 calories. Some Nigerians double this at a meal.
A cup of raw white rice is 693 calories. You can further increase that with the way you cook it.
A cup of beans is somewhere around 378 calories.
- 1 sachet of peak milk – 120 calories
- 1 sachet of milo – 120 calories
- 1 gizzard – 150 calories
- 3 assorted meat of any kind (between 50-60 calories)
- 1 plate of custard – 480 calories
- 1 plate of abacha (african salad) – 200 calories
- 1 Limca Soda 330ML – 80 Calories
- 1 Malta Guinness 330ML – 215 Calories
- 1 Small banana 80-100 calories
- 1 Slice of Pineapple – 100 Calories
- 1 wrap of Amala – 320 calories
- Fanta Orange – 50CL – 200 Calories
- 1 Slice of Watermelon – 90-100 Calories
- 1 full coconut – 520 calories
- 1 plate of salad without dressing – 450 Calories
- Full small Pawpaw is 60 Calories
- 1 Lucozade Boost 500ml – 400 calories
- 1 sugarcane – 200 calories
- 1 piece of shortbread – 220 Calories
- 1 buttermint is 50 calories
- 1 medium pack of Hollandia yoghurt – 300 calories
- 1 small tangerine – 50 calories
- 1 guava – 150 calories
#StayEMMAncipated by Emmapassions